Saturday, November 27, 2010

Understanding

When I was small, Peter and Jane were siblings. They ate together, played together, sang together, swam together and drove to places together like brother and sister. But as I grew up, they both became a boy and a girl (Peter and Jane). It was difficult for me to understand at the age of five that the people I read about my entire early days were just mere characters and not JUST siblings. They were two different people in every new chapter I read.
*HOW and WHY * I kept asking my teacher!
 All I failed to understand in my growing age was that life is all about characters and each one is playing their role. The pretense begins the minute you are born when to some you are a brother/ baby/ grandson and to one you are a son or daughter. Each character carrying its own position, own significance. And this is how life works. Living as one body but being many different people from within and its up to you how you play each character and how well you do it…
God asks no man whether he will accept life.  That is not the choice.  You must take it.  The only question is how.  ~Henry Ward Beecher

No comments:

Post a Comment